Chelmsford

One week has passed since I arrived in the UK. This morning, we were in Chelmsford, having a cup of coffee, sitting beside a window at a cafe. I was reading a newspaper, watching people and thinking about many things I have experienced. I felt as if I was in different planet for a while. Massive and old brick buildings stand side by side in the town, as if the mechanism that causes earthquakes doesn't exist in this planet. Was it a bad dream? I feel my memory of the fear is fading away, while I am here. It's a really peaceful town.

We sat on a bench in the Chelmsford Cathedral yard and enjoyed fresh air. The hot sun and cold air, it's an unusual climate for most Japanese. People here wear variety of clothes, some wear jackets and some wear tank tops. No matter what you wear, nobody gives you strange looks (probably).

Chelmsford Cathedral is not a big cathedral, but it is beautiful. The Sunday service was held at that time, so we could hear melodies of beautiful organs and singing a hymn. After the service, some old men and ladies came out from the cathedral. It was a nice Sunday.


Popular Posts