Castell Caerdydd

I got up early and travelled alone to Cardiff, Wales. It takes about 2 hours from London (Paddington Station) to Cardiff Central Station. It was a busy train in rush hour, there were a lot of reserved seats. I've been to Cardiff 12 years ago on a business trip, but I didn't have time to visit the castle at that time. I was interested in the castle, I had thought what's it like beyond the high wall? And I finally visited the Cardiff Castle (Castell Caerdydd)! At first, a very attractive Clock Tower with colourful artwork catches your attention, but passing through the main entrance, you can see the Norman Keep on high motte. It was constructed about 1091, and now the shell remains. It reminded me of "Clifford's Tower" in York. You can climb to the top using narrow and steep stone spiral steps. Honestly, I was a little bit scared to go to the top, because I'm afraid of heights. But I did. At the cafe inside the castle, I found "Welshcakes" which are soft cakes with currants. It was nice:)

I also walked around the main shopping area. I knew there are markets and some nice arcades. They are very nice. It's really nice to walk and explore, you can find a lovely goods store which women like, cafes, jewellery store, boutiques, but unfortunately, I often saw the sign "To Let"...

Clock Tower
Norman Keep

View from Norman Keep
Cardiff
Morgan Arcade

Welshcakes

★i-ADNES' Recommendation★

Welshecakes
http://www.welshcakes.com/index.html

Comments

Popular Posts