Mayfield lavender

We got up early and went to Mayfield Lavender farm in Surrey. My husband had information about it from his colleague and made a plan for me. At first, the destination was a secret. I found out the name of town we were going to at the station, when I got a ticket, but I had no idea where we were heading to. 

I've been to a rapeseed field and a sunflower field in Japan, but had never been to a lavender farm like that. It was amazingly beautiful, purple, purple, purple everywhere as far as I can see, and smelled great. The number of bees was also great though... It was a bit cloudy, but the sun came out as soon as we arrived there.

I want to have a lavender garden. I have lavender which is planted from seed, but it takes time to produce flowers. I look forward to see it.





 We had a lavender scone and cup-cakes at the cafe, my husband had lavender lemonade as well.


There is a shop. I got a lavender soap and a sachet. There is a good smell in our house now. One thing I wandered was if this place is popular with Asian people. Amazingly it had a high percentage of Asian people there. I was one of them though...  



http://www.mayfieldlavender.com/

Comments

Popular Posts