Llandudno

We went to Llandudno, Wales by train. We left home in the early morning and took three different trains. It took about six hours! The trains were quite busy. Most seats were reserved because of the bank holiday. I thought we might not able to sit down! But somehow we found seats separately.


The weather in Wales is very changeable and more rainy than England. During our stay, we had sunshine but also heavy rains. And remember? The big mouse is a bad weather bringer:)

Along the beach, some events were held and there were a lot of people. We checked in a hotel.


At 3:00 pm, the air show started. It started raining heavily, but most of people stood and watched the show. I realised that it was the first time to see the air show with the naked eye in my life! It was a powerful and crazy performance!


I walked under the heavy rain for a while, but we had stayed at a comfortable hotel room until dinner. We enjoyed the bathroom with a jacuzzi and relaxed.


We had a dinner at the hotel restaurant. It was really nice. At night, rain had stopped. We went for a walk along the beach.


We like this view. This reminded us of the view of Mont Blanc in Geneva.


On the second day, it was a clear sky and beautiful morning. We were of two minds as to whether going to Conwy Castle or going to the Great Orme. Conwy Castle is one of the castles I'd really love to go to. About 12 years ago, when I travelled York and Chester by myself, I gave up to visit Conwy. And now it was a great chance to visit there. But also, I was interested in to go to the Great Orme. We decided to get a cable car to the top of the Great Orme, because it was also a great chance because of beautiful weather!



We got a cable car. I am scared of heights, this open-window cable car promoted my sense of fear. I was clutching the pole!



Apart from that, I enjoyed the view and took many beautiful photos with one hand.




I could see a tram, but I thought the view from a cable car was better!




Some people were walking down, some people were riding a tram, a cable car or car. We could have walked down, but we got a cable car. Because we were brought under the spell of the greatest view. And there was only 50p difference between single ticket and return ticket.

After we got off the cable car, we enjoyed walking the pier. Some people were enjoying fishing.




In the afternoon, we enjoyed this gorgeous Welsh afternoon tea at the hotel. This was the third afternoon tea in my life, but the second in the UK. Sandwiches, scones, Welsh cake, Victorian cake, lovely tea etc... Yummy, yummy afternoon tea made us feel full:)


It had been raining most of the time, but we spent a lovely time in Llandudno. I missed out on visiting Conwy Castle, but I have no regrets. Instead, we could see the beautiful view from the top of the Great Orme.


From the train window, I saw Conwy Castle that I have long looked forward to visit. I hope we'll come by again another time.

Popular Posts