Walk The Essex Way - Stage10 (Final)

STAGE TEN; WRABNESS - HARWICH
   *It's our own stage.

Before the summer end, we could finish the last stage of the Essex Way. We went back to Wrabness where we finished last time, and started to walk towards Harwich.



I saw a poppy. I was glad that I could see the symbol flower of the Essex Way on every stage.



We passed through a wood, and crossed the fields.



I found Ramsey Windmill in distance. According to the guide book, it was moved to its present site from Woodbridge in Suffolk in 1842, reputedly by boat. I've been to Woodbridge a few times. It's interesting to have a connection a bit by bit with other places where I've been to before.

But before go to the windmill, there was an agony... A horse... I know they are not harmful, but they sometimes come closer thinking we have food. It's hard to deal with for me. This time, the path was narrow surrounded by long nettles, electric wire and a horse...


While I was confused to pass, it came closer and closer, and looked at me as a stranger. Grrrrr. When the horse downed its head, I finally walked through...


Next, I could see two horses in the field where we needed to cross. As I expected, one of them came closer.


We closed the gate in hurry. Phew...



After we crossed  the A120, walked up the hill, and looked back, there was a beautiful view with the windmill.


Before we reach the seawall, we found the shady place for lunch. And then started to walk again. Even we walked and walked, I felt the distance hadn't changed...


Walked,


walked,


walked,


and walked.


Finally, I could see the beach huts and some people on the beach.


The promenade is so long again!


We passed the upper and lower lighthouses.



While we passed the museum, we could see the goal, the lighthouse tower!


Tada! At last we reached the goal. Started to walk from June, finally we completed the whole course of the 81mile (130km) Essex Way!!! And only in the last stage, we didn't make any mistakes about the route. During this walk we had many lessons about walking. Stacked in a boggy place, rainy day walk, chased by dog, met angry farmer, went and back by mistake, shoe sole went off, etc. Many things happened on the Essex way, but everything is now a good memory. 


I missed the plaque at the beginning at Epping station, but we didn't miss it at the End in Harwich. I did it!


Read other stages;

Popular Posts